On Friday night Doug and I celebrate FNPN (Friday Night Pizza Night). It’s the best way to finish of the week- home made pizza and a movie (hooray for Netflix!). We try to find healthier pizza recipes, and in the process I can across this one, Thai Chicken Naan Pizza. Not too bad health wise, as far as pizza goes anyway, and SO good. Seriously- we’ll make this again. The original recipe comes from www.cookincanuck.com.
Thai Chicken Naan Pizza Recipe with Peanut Sauce, Red Pepper & Carrots
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine or sherry
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- 2 1/4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp chili garlic sauce or red chile flakes
- 4 pieces whole wheat naan
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled & cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. If using a pizza stone, heat the stone in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine, water, rice vinegar, canola oil, brown sugar, ginger and chili garlic sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Lay 2 pieces of naan on a pizza peel or on a baking sheet (if you’re not using a pizza stone).
- Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce on each piece of naan.
- Divide half of the chicken, red bell pepper, carrots, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese evenly between the 2 pieces of naan.
- If using a baking stone, transfer the pizzas from the peel to the stone. If using a baking sheet, place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the naan bread is golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pizzas to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Slice the pizzas and garnish with minced cilantro. Serve.