Today’s pattern is a free kitty cat bean bag hand warmer. It’s another very easy pattern that is perfect for beginners and has the added bonus of a little skill building using some simple fusible web techniques.
I originally made this pattern up as a handwarmer, but since I was making it at the same time as my Jack-O-Lantern handwarmer pattern I couldn’t help but think of how fun it would be to make a few of each for a cute Halloween inspired bean bag toss. I’ll definitely need to make up a few more!
Until then, here’s how to make your own.
Kitty Cat Bean Bag/Handwarmer How-To
- Download the free pattern by clicking here
- Small scrap of base fabric (fleece and flannel work great)
- Scraps of wool felt for face (I used white and pink)
- Fusible web such as Heat ‘n Bond Lite
- filler (for handwarmers I like to use flax seed, dried corn or dry rice)
- basic sewing materials such as thread, scissors, removable marking pen, sewing machine etc
Step by step instructions can be viewed in our YouTube video below