I had so much fun watching our awesome pattern testers make up our Splendid Snowmen Advent Calendar. It once again reminded me of a very important fact: Advent calendars are a LOT of work! I mean, make 24 of anything and it’s a big job. But for an advent, you’ve got to make 24 pockets and 24 sets of numbers for those pockets and 24 things to put in those pockets. And then if you want some sort of design on your calendar, you’ve still got to work on that.
I was walking through Joann Fabrics a few weeks into our testing period and saw that they carried buttons made specifically for advent calendars. There were 24 buttons, each with a number (1-24) printed on them to be easily sewn to your advent calendar. What a time saver!
It got me thinking that there had to be more numbered buttons out there in different styles. I was so excited with what I found! These are some of my favorites. All were found easily by searching for ‘buttons with numbers’ or ‘numbered buttons’ on Etsy.com and Amazon.com. I wished I’d seen them in time to use for our advent! Now I’m going to have to think of another project that needs a bunch of numbers 🙂
1. Wooden Buttons by AMECOScrafts on Etsy
2. Number Thumbtacks by 645workshop on Etsy (you’d have to bend the backs on these to be used like shank buttons)
3. Advent Calendar Numbers by EinFACHfuerDich on Etsy
4. Rhinestone Number Buttons by LulisSupplyShop on Etsy
5. Number Buttons by ascuteasabuttonshop on Etsy
6. Ceramic Buttons by TheWickedPotter on Etsy
7. Number Buttons by MyVintageTable on Etsy
8. Hot Pink and Lime Green Number Buttons by ButtonAndBowSupplies on Etsy